Chicken & Veggie Stir-Fry
Here's what you need: chicken breast, salt, pepper, broccoli florets, mushroom, oil, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, reduced sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, flour.
for 6 servings
1 lbchicken breast, cubed(455 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
1 lbbroccoli florets (455 g) 8 ozmushroom, sliced(225 g) 3 tablespoonsoil, for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth(240 mL)
- ¼ cup flour (30 g)
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until cooked through and browned. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add mushrooms. When the mushrooms start to soften, add broccoli florets and stir-fry until the broccoli is tender. Remove cooked mushrooms and broccoli from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the saucy pan, stir until heated through.
- Serve with hot rice or noodles.