Rolled Cake With Strawberry Jam
This rolled cake would be a girly birthday cake perfect for a girl! Garnished with strawberry jam and decorated with small pink dots, it is good and the most beautiful effect!
Preparation: 40 min Cooking: 12 min Rest: 1 h
FOR 8 TO 10 PEOPLE
For the cigarette paste:
- 30 g of butter
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white (35 g)
- 35 g flour
- Pink dye
For the rolled biscuit:
- 3 big eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g of wheat flour T65
- 1/2 jar of strawberry jam
Prepare the cigarette paste
1. Melt the butter and let it warm.
2. In a bowl mix the melted butter with the icing sugar. Add the egg white and then the flour.
3. Add the pink dye powder little by little to get the color you want.
4. Put the cigarette paste in a pastry bag (if not in a freezer bag from which you will cut an angle). Let stand 10 minutes in the refrigerator to harden a little dough (if it is too liquid, you will have trouble using it).
5. On a silicone sponge mold, make pink dots of different sizes.
6. Put the rolled tin in the refrigerator for 1 hour for the cigarette paste to harden.
Prepare the rolled biscuit
Do not start too early so that the pink peas have time to solidify in the fridge!)
1. In a bowl whisk 2 yolks and 1 whole egg with half the sugar.
2. Add the flour and mix quickly.
3. Beat the 2 whites in snow with the remaining sugar. Add them gently to the rest of the preparation.
4. Roll out cookie dough on the sponge cake pan (24 cm x 34 cm) just out of the refrigerator and cook for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven at 180 ° C.
5. As soon as you leave the oven, turn the cake over on a plate or tea towel a second time and then a second time on a cloth and roll for the cake to take shape. Let cool.
6. Roll out gently, spread the strawberry jam and roll again.
7. Place the roll on the presentation tray and cut the slits.
Photo recipe Very girly rolled cake with strawberry jam