White Chocolate Raspberry Poke Cake
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY POKE CAKE
This White Chocolate Raspberry Poke Cake starts with a moist and fluffy white cake that’s been filled with alternating rows of white chocolate ganache and raspberry sauce. Topped with a silky white chocolate mousse, fresh raspberries and white chocolate curls, this crowd pleasing recipe is the picture perfect dessert!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk or buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
SUPER WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Few drops of white gel food colouring (optional)
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- 3 oz. best-quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 and 3/4 cup Heavy whipping Cream, chilled and divided
- 4 Tbsp powdered Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Raspberry sauce
- White chocolate ganache
- White Chocolate Shavings
- Prepare one recipe of my homemade raspberry sauce, then set aside to cool completely.
FOR THE WHITE CAKE:
- Position oven rack to the middle. Preheat oven to 350° F (177°C). Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch cake pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- While the mixer is running, slowly pour in the sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Add sour cream and continue to mix until combined.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Lower the speed to medium-low and mix in the egg whites, one at a time until completely combined.
- Add the oil, vanilla and almond extract to the milk or buttermilk and set aside.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined, then add 1/2 of the liquid mixture and mix until just combined. Continue mixing in 1/2 of the remaining dry ingredients, remaining liquids, then remaining dry ingredients. Remember to mix after each addition before adding the next.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl again to make sure everything is mixed in properly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
FOR THE SUPER WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- Add white chocolate chips and heavy cream to a heat safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until completely melted, smooth and combined.
- Add a squirt of the icing whitener and stir until the ganache is completely white. Set aside to cool while you prepare the mousse.
FOR THE WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- Put the chopped white chocolate and 1/4 cup of heavy cream into a small bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until fully melted and smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium stainless steal bowl, using a handheld mixer, whip the remaining 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream until it reaches soft peaks.
- Add the 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Pour in the cooled white chocolate ganache and gently fold until completely combined. Set aside.
- Using a large straw or a skinny rod, poke rows of holes into the top of the cake.
- Spoon raspberry sauce into one row and spoon ganache into the other row. Alternate between raspberry sauce and ganache.
- Spread white chocolate mousse on top. Drizzle on the extra white chocolate ganache and raspberry sauce. Use a toothpick to swirl the drizzles with the mousse.
- Top with fresh raspberries and white chocolate curls. To make the white chocolate curls, I shaved a room temperature white chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler. Refrigerate overnight, if desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.