CHEESY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, or 2 small, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, use 1/2 teaspoon if you want it spicier
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 ounce low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Rub or spray the interior with oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the halves cut side down on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until a knife can be inserted in the flesh easily.
- Remove from the oven and let the squash cool until it can be handled.
- Using a fork scoop out the flesh in long strands and put them in a bowl.
- Place the skin/shell back on the baking sheet and set aside.
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI FILLING
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with oil and heat over medium high heat.
- When the skillet is hot add in the chicken, season with salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a plate.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add a couple teaspoons of olive oil to the skillet.
- Swirl the oil to coat the bottom of the skillet then add in the shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for about a minute then add in the broccoli florets.
- Season with salt and pepper then add in a couple tablespoons of water and cover with a lid.
- Let the broccoli steam for about 2 minutes, then uncover and add the chicken back in.
- Add in the cream cheese and chicken broth and stir everything until smooth and a sauce starts to form.
- Add in half of the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt until combined.
- Taste for seasoning then pour the filling into the bowl with the spaghetti squash strands and stir together until combined.
- Divide the filling evenly into the spaghetti squash shells and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted then serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION:YIELD: 3 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 477 TOTAL FAT: 20g SATURATED FAT: 9g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 8g CHOLESTEROL: 84mg SODIUM: 776mg CARBOHYDRATES: 36g FIBER: 9g SUGAR: 14g PROTEIN: 41g