Ice Cream Stuffed Cupcakes
Nothing beats ice cream and cake.
PREP TIME : 0 HOURS 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 2 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 1/2 qt. ice cream (such as Breyers 2-in-1 Snickers and M&Ms)
- 2 c. whipped topping
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 c. Mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners. Prepare cupcake batter according to package directions and divide between cupcake liners.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely before stuffing.
- Using a melon baller or tablespoon, scoop out middle of each cupcake to create a well. (Trim bottoms of scooped cupcakes so you have flat tops.) Set aside.
- Fill each well with a small scoop ice cream, then top with reserved cupcake top. Place in freezer until firm, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- When firm, pipe whipped topping onto each cupcake, then drizzle with melted chocolate and top with Mini M&Ms before serving.